Monday, January 17, 2011

These are a Few of my Favorite Things (and One of my Least Favorite)

On Sunday, while I was at work, Jen did an admirable job of using up items from the fridge and freezer.



She made this tasty-looking quinoa with cashews, edamame, sweet potato, and I can only assume peaches. I didn't get to try it. When Jen cooks and I am not around I usually only find out when I download pictures from the camera and see them. It's like a fun game where at the end I get a picture of something I won't be able to taste.

For dinner tonight I picked up some tilapia because it was on sale. I don't really like tilapia. I never have. One thing I do like, however, is a great bargain. There's also a little more bargain that I threw into the freezer.



I also like something that can use up yet more leftovers. I used this tilapia along with some diced tomatoes, garlic, and onion to use up the remaining kalamata olives and sardines. I simmered this with the tilapia fillets for a bit and served it with a loaf of sourdough bread for dipping.

The only thing I like more than bargains and using up leftovers is using only one pan to cook dinner. It looks like this was my lucky night.



The only problem with this dish, other than it not really using up much, is the photography. With all the extra accessories I've gotten for my camera I think my pictures have actually gotten worse. Perhaps it's just too much power. It could also have something to do with the fact that I've taken no action in the past two years to improve my photography in any way. I still essentially use my camera as a point and shoot.

Maybe I should take a class or read a book or watch some tutorials online. But I probably won't. No, I think my current technique of doing nothing and hoping that one day a guru will wander into my apartment at dinner time to start teaching me is going just fine.

It's only a matter of time.

No comments: